Caffeine, the most commonly consumed drug on the planet, is known to influence several physiological processes. Test your basic knowledge of the effect of caffeine on physiological systems by taking this simple quiz.
(1) Caffeine is thought to interfere with one's ability to achieve deep sleep.
(2) Caffeine leads to vasconstriction of cerebral blood vessels and vasodilation of perpheral blood vessels.
(3) The intracellular actions of caffeine include:
(4) In pregnant humans, the biological half-life of caffeine is significantly longer than that in non-pregnant humans. Biological half-life of a compound is the time it takes the body to eliminate half of the amount present in body tissues and fluids.
(5) Caffeine belongs to this class of drugs:
(6) The diuretic action (increased urine production) of caffeine is due to:
Checking your answers...
Posted: Friday, September 11, 2015 Last updated: Wednesday, September 9, 2015