Physiology Quiz - Thyroid Gland and Thyroid Hormones - Part 7
The thyroid gland is an endocrine gland whose hormone products perform many important functions. Test your basic knowledge of the thyroid gland, its hormone products, and the effect of these hormones on target tissues by taking this simple quiz.
(1) Which of the following hormones of the thyroid gland is a (are) peptide hormone(s)?
(2) Which of the following thyroid hormones is thyroxine (also known as tetraiodothyronine or T4)?
(3) Which of the following thyroid hormones is triiodothyronine (also known as T3)?
(4) Which of the following thyroid hormones is reverse triiodothyronine (also known as reverse T3 or rT3)?
(5) The thyroid hormones (T4, T3, and rT3) are highly hydrophobic molecules.