In learning and understanding the principles of physiology (or any other discipline), it is often helpful to have a knowledge of the key events as well as scientists responsible for major discoveries that led to the current dogma accepted by most people in the field. Test your basic knowledge of the history of physiology by taking this simple quiz.
(1) The earliest documented experiments that ultimately led to the discovery of hormones and also led to the establishment of the field of endocrinology (study of hormones) were conducted by:
(2) The hormone, secretin, was discovered by:
(3) The hormone, insulin, was discovered by:
(4) The term endocrine, used to refer to the secretion of ductless glands, was coined by:
(5) The name insulin, used for the hormone that leads to a reduction in blood glucose levels, was introduced by this physiologist:
Checking your answers...
Posted: Wednesday, October 14, 2015 Last updated: Saturday, October 10, 2015