Physiology Quiz - The Autonomic Nervous System - Part 1
The autonomic nervous system coordinates many bodily functions that are not generally under conscious control (i.e., involuntary functions). For example, the autonomic nervous system regulates the function of cardiac muscle, smooth muscle, and various glandular structures (e.g., sweat glands, salivary glands, and some endocrine glands). Test your basic knowledge of the autonomic nervous system by taking this simple quiz.
(1) This neurotransmitter is released from the axon terminals of pre-ganglionic sympathetic fibers:
(2) This neurotransmitter is the primary neurotransmitter released from post-ganglionic parasympathetic neurons:
(3) This molecule is the most abundant signaling molecule released from the adrenal medulla:
(4) This/these signaling molecule(s) is/are released from the adrenal medulla:
(5) Which of the following transmitter molecule(s) is/are catecholamine molecules?