The kidneys are of outstanding importance. They perform a number of homeostatic functions including filtration of plasma and elimination of metabolic waste products, regulation of the composition and volume of the extracellular fluid, and regulation of blood pressure. The kidneys are also endocrine organs. Test your basic knowledge of renal physiology by taking this simple quiz.
(1) In the kidneys, filtration fraction, the fraction of plasma that is filtered out of the glomerular capillaries to enter the Bowman's space is approximately:
(2) In the kidneys, as blood travels deep in the medulla within the vasa recta capillaries, the red blood cells in the vasa recta __________.
(3) Oliguria refers to a condition of:
(4) Polyuria refers to a condition of:
(5) Another name for oliguria is __________.
Checking your answers...
Posted: Tuesday, January 12, 2016 Last updated: Sunday, January 10, 2016