Physiology Quiz - Thyroid Gland and Thyroid Hormones - Part 12
The thyroid gland is an endocrine gland whose hormone products perform many important functions. Test your basic knowledge of the thyroid gland, its hormone products, and the effect of these hormones on target tissues by taking this simple quiz.
(1) Thyrotropin releasing hormone (TRH) is produced and released by the:
(2) Thyroid stimulating hormone (TSH) is produced and released by the:
(3) The thyroid hormones (T3 and T4) are produced and released by the:
(4) This hypothalamic hormone stimulates the synthesis and release of the thyroid stimulating hormone (TSH) by the anterior pituitary gland.
(5) The thyroid stimulating hormone (TSH) has a trophic effect on the thyroid gland.