Physiology Quiz - How many are there in the human body? - Part 3
In order to have a complete understanding of physiological processes, it is often necessary to know gross anatomy as well as microscopic anatomy (i.e., histology). Often, it is important to know the number of a given structure under consideration. For example, a student of physiology should know the number of kidneys, nephrons, adrenal glands, cranial nerves, lungs, alveoli, etc. in the human body. Test your basic knowledge by taking this simple quiz.
(1) How many ribs are there in the human body?
(2) How many ribs are there in men?
(3) How many ribs are there in women?
(4) How many ribs are there on each side of the thoracic cavity in the human body?
(5) Human men and women have the same number of ribs.