Physiology Quiz - Thyroid Gland and Thyroid Hormones - Part 6
The thyroid gland is an endocrine gland whose hormone products perform many important functions. Test your basic knowledge of the thyroid gland, its hormone products, and the effect of these hormones on target tissues by taking this simple quiz.
(1) In this endocrine gland, hormone production takes place in the extracellular space.
(2) The follicles of the thyroid gland contain a protein-rich fluid called the colloid. The major protein of the colloid is:
(3) In the thyroid gland, the epithelial cells that make up the lining of the thyroid follicles are called:
(4) Goiter, a pathophysiological state associated with the thyroid gland, is most commonly a result of:
(5) Goiter (abnormal enlargement of the thyroid gland) can result from: