Physiology Quiz - Fundamental Principles of Physiology - Part 1
In order to learn physiology, it is essential that one understand many fundamental principles. Some of these principles are intrinsic to the discipline of physiology, while others are borrowed from disciplines such as molecular biology, cell biology, chemistry, physics, mathematics, computer science, psychology, engineering, and others. Test your knowledge of the fundamental principles of physiology by taking this simple quiz.
(1) Which one of the following is NOT true about homeostasis?
(2) In the mammalian body plan, no cell is more than approximately __________ away from a capillary.
(3) Which of the following is (are) directly responsible for the generation of the resting membrane potential?
(4) This integral membrane protein is responsible for the formation of the gap junction channels of electrical synapses:
(5) Which of the following are ligand-gated ion channels?
(6) Which of the following are G-protein coupled receptors?