The kidneys are of outstanding importance. They perform a number of homeostatic functions including filtration of plasma and elimination of metabolic waste products, regulation of the composition and volume of the extracellular fluid, and regulation of blood pressure. The kidneys are also endocrine organs. Test your basic knowledge of renal physiology by taking this simple quiz.
(1) Which of the following is true about glucose reabsorption in kidney tubules?
(2) At any given level along the ascending limb of the loop of Henle, the osmolarity of the fluid in the lumen is __________ the osmolarity of the surrounding interstitial fluid.
(3) The lowest concentration of plasma glucose that will give rise to the excretion of glucose in urine is approximately:
(4) The function of the nephron loop of Henle is to:
(5) The least concentrated urine that the human kidney can produce is __________ mOsm/kg. Note: Your response should be a whole number.
Checking your answers...
Posted: Thursday, December 17, 2015 Last updated: Friday, December 18, 2015