Physiology Quiz - Thyroid Gland and Thyroid Hormones - Part 3
The thyroid gland is an endocrine gland whose hormone products perform many important functions. Test your basic knowledge of the thyroid gland, its hormone products, and the effect of these hormones on target tissues by taking this simple quiz.
(1) The hormone primarily responsible for setting the basal metabolic rate and for promoting maturation of the brain is:
(2) The function carried out by this protein forms the first and rate-limiting step in the process of iodide accumulation by the thyroid gland.
(3) This enzyme is responsible for the incorporation of iodide (I−) into thyroglobulin:
(4) This enzyme is responsible for the intracellular conversion of T4 to T3 in target tissues:
(5) This hormone is secreted by parafollicular cells (or C cells) of the thyroid gland.
Checking your answers...
Posted: Friday, January 16, 2015 Last updated: Friday, January 16, 2015