Physiology Quiz - Body Fluid Compartments - Part 3
In order to have a solid understanding of physiological principles, it is essential that one understand the organization of body fluid compartments, as well as the composition of the fluids in these compartments. Test your understanding of body fluid compartments by taking this simple quiz.
(1) A subcompartment of the extracellular fluid, the fluid in the body that directly bathes the cells and tissues is called the __________ fluid. Please be as specific as possible.
(2) The fluid portion of whole blood is referred to as __________. Please be as specific as possible.
(3) In an average adult male (70 kg in weight; or ~155 lb), approximately what is the volume of plasma?
(4) Plasma comprises approximately __________% of total blood volume.
(5) In an average adult male (70 kg in weight; or ~155 lb), approximately what is the total volume of blood?
(6) This physical barrier separates the interstitial fluid compartment from the intravascular fluid compartment:
(7) Which of the following fluid compartments belongs to the transcellular fluid compartment?