Caffeine, the most commonly consumed drug on the planet, is known to influence several physiological processes. Test your basic knowledge of the effect of caffeine on physiological systems by taking this simple quiz.
(1) Within the central nervous system, caffeine is known to bind to the receptors for this chemical messenger molecule.
(2) Caffeine is found in the following commonly consumed foods/drinks:
(3) In humans, what is the biological half-life of caffeine? Biological half-life of a compound is the time it take the body to eliminate half of the amount present in body tissues and fluids.
(4) A typical cup of coffee contains approximately __________ of caffeine.
(5) A typical cup of tea contains approximately __________ of caffeine.