Physiology Quiz - General Principles of Membrane Transport - Part 3
Transport of ions and molecules across biological membranes may occur by passive or active mechanisms and, indeed, membrane transport mechanisms form the basis for many important physiological processes. Test your basic knowledge of membrane transport by taking this simple quiz.
(1) A facilitative transporter may also be referred to as a(n):
(2) A cotransporter may also be referred to as a(n):
(3) An exchanger may also be referred to as a(n):
(4) In cotransport, the driving ion is transported:
(5) In cotransport, the driven ion/molecule is transported: