Physiology Quiz - Fluid Movement across the Capillary Wall - Part 1
Movement of fluid across the capillary wall is governed by hydrostatic pressure differences as well as osmotic pressure differences across the capillary wall. Test your basic knowledge of this process by taking this simple quiz.
(1) Once fluid leaves the intravascular compartment through fenestrated capillaries, it:
(2) In the kidney glomerular capillaries, as well as in other capillaries of the body, the forces that govern filtration and absorption of fluid across the capillary wall are referred to as the __________ forces.
(3) As arterial blood reaches typical capillaries in the body, its hydrostatic pressure is approximately:
(4) As blood leaves typical capillaries in the body, its hydrostatic pressure is approximately:
(5) Plasma oncotic pressure is approximately:
(6) Which of the following is the largest contributor to the plasma oncotic pressure?
Checking your answers...
Posted: Thursday, January 7, 2016 Last updated: Tuesday, January 5, 2016