Hemoglobin dramatically increase the oxygen carrying capacity of blood, serving to transport large volumes of oxygen from respiratory organs to metabolically active tissues, which allows for the maintenance of the high metabolic rate enjoyed by vertebrate animals. Test your basic knowledge of hemoglobin by taking this simple quiz.
(1) A hemoglobin molecule has __________ subunit(s).
(2) A hemoglobin molecule is a:
(3) Normal adult hemoglobin is also referred to as:
(4) Normal fetal hemoglobin is also referred to as:
(5) The following polypeptide subunit(s) may be found in adult hemoglobin:
(6) The following polypeptide subunit(s) may be found in fetal hemoglobin: