Physiology Quiz - Random Physiology Questions - Part 1
This quiz contains a set of questions randomly selected from different topics.
(1) A typical human sneeze blows air out of the mouth and nostrils at speeds up to:
(2) A typical human sneeze can spread aerosols (wet air) up to __________ away from the mouth.
(3) Which of the following is not present in smooth muscle?
(4) Name only one transmembrane protein that is a component of epithelial tight junctions.
(5) The squid giant axon has been indispensable in allowing neuroscientists to gain a deep understanding of the nature of the action potential and its propagation. On average, what is the diameter of a typical giant axon obtained from the squid?
(6) Complete metabolic oxidation of 1 mole of glucose in the body leads to the production of __________ mole(s) of water.
(7) Antidiuretic hormone (ADH, also referred to as vasopressin) is co-released with __________ from axon terminals of hypothalamic neurons.
(8) Oxytocin is co-released with __________ from axon terminals of hypothalamic neurons.