Physiology Quiz - Thyroid Gland and Thyroid Hormones - Part 4
The thyroid gland is an endocrine gland whose hormone products perform many important functions. Test your basic knowledge of the thyroid gland, its hormone products, and the effect of these hormones on target tissues by taking this simple quiz.
(1) The thyroid gland produces and releases the following hormones:
(2) The follicular cells of the thyroid gland are epithelial cells.
(3) This hormone product of the anterior pituitary gland stimulates the thyroid gland to produce and release the thyroid hormones (T3 and T4) into the bloodstream.
(4) The thyroid hormones travel in blood primarily bound to:
(5) An excess of thyroid hormone production (T3 and T4) leads to:
(6) A reduction in thyroid hormone production (T3 and T4) leads to: