In learning and understanding the principles of physiology (or any other discipline), it is often helpful to have a knowledge of the key events as well as scientists responsible for major discoveries that led to the current dogma accepted by most people in the field. Test your basic knowledge of the history of physiology by taking this simple quiz.
(1) The term neuron was coined by this scientist:
(2) The term synapse was coined by this neurophysiologist:
(3) This great neuroscientist made significant contributions in defining the role of inhibitory synapses in the nervous system?
(4) This neuroscientist developed the silver nitrate staining method for studying the structure and pathways of cells in the nervous system.
(5) This method of staining nucleic acids has proven extremely useful in studying cells of the nervous system. The method is named after this scientist.
Checking your answers...
Posted: Monday, November 16, 2015 Last updated: Monday, November 16, 2015