Physiology Quiz - Thyroid Gland and Thyroid Hormones - Part 1
The thyroid gland is an endocrine gland whose hormone products perform many important functions. Test your basic knowledge of the thyroid gland, its hormone products, and the effect of these hormones on target tissues by taking this simple quiz.
(1) These hormones are transported in the blood by being bound to binding (or carrier) proteins:
(2) Thyroxine (T4), the product of the thyroid gland, feeds back negatively on the anterior pituitary gland. If due to some pathophysiological state, the amount of T4 in plasma is reduced to below normal, which of the following would you expect to see?
(3) Which of the following is the predominantly active form of the thyroid hormone in most target tissues?
(4) The thyroid hormone, tetraiodothyronine (T4) is also known as:
(5) The thyroid hormone, triiodothyronine, is also commonly known as: