Physiology Quiz - Thyroid Gland and Thyroid Hormones - Part 5
The thyroid gland is an endocrine gland whose hormone products perform many important functions. Test your basic knowledge of the thyroid gland, its hormone products, and the effect of these hormones on target tissues by taking this simple quiz.
(1) Calcitonin is produced by:
(2) In the adult human, the thyroid gland is a bi-lobed organ which is situated in the anterior part of the neck with each lobe on either side of the trachea. The two lobes of the thyroid gland are connected to each other via a structure referred to as the:
(3) The thyroid gland has a follicular structure, where each thyroid follicle is surrounded by a single layer of follicular cells. Thyroid follicles are approximately __________ in diameter.
(4) The follicles of the thyroid gland contain a protein-rich fluid called:
(5) The thyroid hormones, T3 and T4, are made in this region of the thyroid gland:
Checking your answers...
Posted: Sunday, January 18, 2015 Last updated: Sunday, January 18, 2015