Physiology Quiz - Classical Neurotransmitters - Part 8
Classical neurotransmitters refer to a small group of small molecule neurotransmitters. These neurotransmitters are used by the nervous system in a variety of circuits to transmit information from pre-synaptic neurons to post-synaptic cells. Test your basic knowledge of classical neurotransmitters by taking this simple quiz.
(1) In GABAergic axon terminals, this membrane transport protein leads to the accumulation of GABA into synaptic vesicles:
(2) Vesicular inhibitory amino acid transporter (VIAAT) transprts the following neurotransmitter(s) into synaptic vesicles of axon terminals.
(3) A functional GABAA receptor is composed of __________ subunits.
(4) GABAB receptors oligomerize to form a multimer composed of __________ subunits.
(5) A functional GABAC receptor is composed of __________ subunits.