Physiology Quiz - Cardiovascular Physiology - Part 7
The cardiovascular system is composed of the heart and blood vessels. The basic function of the heart is to pump blood through the blood vessels. The basic function of the blood vessels is to serve as conduits to carry blood away from the heart to the tissues, and to return blood from the tissues back to heart. Test your basic knowledge of cardiovascular physiology by taking this simple quiz.
(1) This cardiac valve separates the left atrium from the left ventricle.
(2) This cardiac valve separates the right atrium from the right ventricle.
(3) The right atrioventricular (AV) valve has __________ cusp(s).
(4) The left atrioventricular (AV) valve has __________ cusp(s).
(5) These ligaments prevent the eversion of atrioventricular valves during ventricular systole.