While physiology is the study of how living systems work, a good understanding of physical and chemical principles is essential to a solid understanding of physiological processes. A good starting point for learning about fundamental physical and chemical principles is to learn the commonly used fundamental physical constants, as well as other physical parameters, that are relevant to the study of physiology and other life sciences. Test your basic knowledge of fundamental physical constants by taking this simple quiz. For a quick refresher, see here.
(1) Which of the following is the Avogadro's number (NA)?
(2) Which of the following is the Boltzmann constant (k)?
(3) Which of the following is the elementary charge (e) (i.e., charge of an electron)?
(4) Which of the following is the Faraday constant (F)?
(5) Which of the following is the molar gas constant (R) (i.e., universal gas constant)?