The kidneys are of outstanding importance. They perform a number of homeostatic functions including filtration of plasma and elimination of metabolic waste products, regulation of the composition and volume of the extracellular fluid, and regulation of blood pressure. The kidneys are also endocrine organs. Test your basic knowledge of renal physiology by taking this simple quiz.
(1) Which of the following is (are) responsible for the high glomerular filtration rate (GFR) exhibited by vertebrate animals (e.g., humans)?
(2) Most of the reabsorbed water in the kidney is reabsorbed across the walls of the:
(3) In order for plasma to be filtered across the glomerular capillaries, the ultrafiltrate must go through the following physical barriers:
(4) Which one of the following sequence of blood flow through the nephron ultrastructure is correct?
(5) The blood-to-urine barrier (also referred to as the glomerular filtration barrier) allows the passage of molecules of up to:
Checking your answers...
Posted: Tuesday, December 15, 2015 Last updated: Saturday, January 2, 2016