Physiology Quiz - Cardiovascular Physiology - Part 3
The cardiovascular system is composed of the heart and blood vessels. The basic function of the heart is to pump blood through the blood vessels. The basic function of the blood vessels is to serve as conduits to carry blood away from the heart to the tissues, and to return blood from the tissues back to heart. Test your basic knowledge of cardiovascular physiology by taking this simple quiz.
(1) This famous physiologist discovered the circulation of blood:
(2) This one-way valve separates the right ventricle from the pulmonary artery:
(3) Within the cardiovascular system, the highest hydrostatic blood pressure is found in the:
(4) Pacemaker potentials of the heart result from:
(5) The plateau phase of the cardiac action potential is due to the: