The kidneys are of outstanding importance. They perform a number of homeostatic functions including filtration of plasma and elimination of metabolic waste products, regulation of the composition and volume of the extracellular fluid, and regulation of blood pressure. The kidneys are also endocrine organs. Test your basic knowledge of renal physiology by taking this simple quiz.
(1) The daily urine output (i.e., volume of urine excreted per day) of a healthy, normally-hydrated adult individual is approximately:
(2) A urine output of less than 400 mL/day is a referred to as:
(3) A urine output of more than 2.5 L/day is a referred to as:
(4) In healthy humans, the highest rate of urine production by both kidneys combined is approximately:
(5) In healthy humans, the lowest rate of urine production by both kidneys combined is approximately:
Checking your answers...
Posted: Wednesday, January 13, 2016 Last updated: Sunday, January 10, 2016